The Canadian Insurance Services Regulatory Organizations (CISRO) has published the Principles of Conduct for Insurance Intermediaries to help ensure the fair treatment of customers in the life & health and property & casualty insurance sectors.
RIBO considers compliance with the RIBO Code of Conduct to meet and exceed the expectations set out in the CISRO Principles Document.
Effective September 1, 2022, all RIBO licensees will be required to share copies of both the CISRO Principles Document and the new “About Your Insurance Broker” fact sheet with all their customers. Review RIBO’s set of Expectations and Guidance here
The CISRO Principles document and the RIBO fact sheet are designed to help customers better understand what they can expect from RIBO license holders. Click on the links below to access these documents (available in PDF format):
- RIBO Guidance – CISRO Principles of Conduct for Insurance Intermediaries
- Fact sheet – About your Insurance Broker
- RIBO Fact Sheet (French)
- RIBO Conduct Sheet (French)
- CISRO Principles of Conduct for Insurance Intermediaries
- RIBO Code of Conduct
- RIBO Code of Conduct (French)
- CISRO Principles of Conduct for Insurance Intermediaries (French)