The Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO) is the provincial regulator for insurance brokers in Ontario. Our primary mission is to protect the public in their interactions with insurance brokers.
We are looking for a full-time Communications Specialist.
Position Overview: We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Communications Specialist to join our team and play a pivotal role in shaping and executing our organization’s communication strategies. The ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator, adept at drafting and curating compelling content, managing social media platforms, coordinating document development, and enhancing and maintaining RIBO’s web presence. The Communications Specialist will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to maintain consistent messaging and uphold our brand identity.
- Content Development: Create, edit, and proofread a wide range of content, including blog/newsletter posts, reports, slide decks, and news releases, ensuring clarity, accuracy, and alignment with organizational and departmental objectives.
- Social Media Management: Develop, execute, and monitor social media strategies to engage audiences, promote brand awareness, and promote audiences to act on initiatives.
- Document Coordination: Collaborate with subject matter experts and external providers (eg. graphic designers and photographers) to coordinate the development and production of key documents, such as annual reports, whitepapers, presentations, and internal communications, adhering to established timelines and quality standards.
- Event Coordination: In collaboration with management, identify and coordinate outreach opportunities including both virtual and live events such as membership townhalls
- Website Maintenance: Oversee the organization’s website, ensuring that content is up to date, relevant, and aligned with brand guidelines. Draft and post new content on a regular basis in collaboration with subject matter experts. Ensure the website structure is maintained and new additions are worked into the existing navigational structure.
- Brand Messaging: Work closely with the marketing and branding teams to maintain consistent brand messaging (including wording, tone and visual identity) across all communication channels and materials, ensuring alignment with the organization’s values and mission.
- Analytics and Reporting: Monitor and analyze the performance of communication efforts, social media campaigns, and website traffic, using data-driven insights to make informed recommendations for improvement.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams and partners, including graphic design, and executive leadership, to align communication strategies with broader organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field.
- Proven experience (minimum 5 years) in communication management, content creation, and social media management.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with a keen attention to detail and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Proficiency in utilizing various social media platforms and social media management tools.
- Familiarity with content management systems (e.g., WordPress) and basic web design principles.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple initiatives and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams, including asking the right questions of subject matter experts in order to do develop accurate content
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and media relations experience.
- Portfolio of past work and successes in communication and content development.
What RIBO offers:
- competitive salary based on experience $68,000 – $82,000
- up to 8% matching RRSP program (wow!)
- health and dental benefits
- extra time off for winter break
- 10 paid sick days
- half days before long weekends
- 3 paid personal days
- professional development fund
The Application Process:
If you are interested in this exciting new role, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including Communications Specialist in the subject line.
Your cover letter should include:
- what interests you about RIBO
- what interests you about the role
- how you can lend your experience to succeed in this role
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and promoting a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We are happy to work with you to overcome any barriers associated with our recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.