The Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (“RIBO”) is the provincial regulator for insurance brokers in Ontario. Our primary mission is to protect the public in their interactions with insurance brokers.
We are looking for a full-time Investigator / Senior Investigator.
This exciting role is ideal for insurance brokers dedicated to upholding the integrity of the profession as well as experienced investigators from other regulatory bodies looking for a new challenge.
In this role, reporting to the Manager of Investigations, you will be responsible for conducting investigations involving our licensees. This includes preparing investigation plans, interviewing witnesses, collecting evidence, drafting Investigation Reports, and preparing cases for the Complaints and Discipline committees. Investigators may also be required to give evidence at discipline hearings. Key aspects of the role include:
- Preparing investigation plans which includes identifying the regulatory issues in a complaint and determining the theory of the case and the evidence to be collected
- Gathering evidence in investigations, including documentary evidence, and conduct in-person/virtual interviews of complainants, licensees and other witnesses
- Reviewing and analyzing documentary evidence, witness evidence and testimonies
- Preparing investigation reports, draft correspondence, and working jointly with other investigators, auditors, compliance coordinator, and other professionals within the organization.
- Appearing before the Complaints and Discipline Committees to answer questions and/or testify at discipline hearings.
- Performing related administrative duties in connection with investigations including opening and closing complaints files, recording and maintaining evidence, and logging activities in accordance with RIBO standards and practices.
- Remain current on industry issues, trends, practices, legislation, and regulation.
This job might be for you if you:
- Are dedicated to concepts of integrity, professional regulation and serving in the public interest
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Have an objective, fact based, and analytical mindset
- Have the ability to convey large volumes of complex information in a clear manner (through both written and verbal communications)
- Have detailed knowledge of the insurance brokerage industry and practices
- Are a highly organized and detailed-oriented professional
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3-5 years experience either as a licensed insurance broker OR as an investigator in a regulatory environment
- CAIB and/or CIP designation (or willingness to obtain)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as business, finance, accounting or law
- Excellent interpersonal and superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
Additional Assets (nice to have):
- Previous experience as a Principal Broker, supervising broker, or other compliance or technical operations role within a brokerage
- Ability to communicate in French
What RIBO offers:
- competitive salary (hiring range: $68,000 to $92,000 depending on experience)
- up to 8% matching RRSP program (wow!)
- health and dental benefits
- extra time off for winter break
- 10 paid sick days
- half days before long weekends
- 3 paid personal days
- professional development fund
The Application Process:
If you are interested in this exciting new role, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com including Investigator in the subject line.
Your cover letter should include:
- what interests you about RIBO
- what interests you about the role
- how you can lend your experience to succeed in this role
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and promoting a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful, and equitable workplace.
We are happy to work with you to overcome any barriers associated with our recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.