Notice is hereby given that the annual election of council members will be held on Monday, November 7, 2022 at which time three council members are to be elected for a term of three years.
Registrants have the opportunity to nominate candidates, including incumbents if they agree to have their names put forward for election to serve another term. Candidates for election will be divided into two streams – those from firms with 20 or more licensed individuals and those from firms with less than 20 licensed individuals. A description of the nomination process is included in this edition of the RIBO Review. Eligibility for election is set out in RIBO By-law No. 21, Section 1 as follows:
1. Each person who is an individual member of the Corporation and,
(1) who is qualified to vote at an election of members of the Council;
(2) who is ordinarily resident in Ontario;
(3) who is nominated in accordance with section 8;
(4) who has not had a finding of professional misconduct, incompetence or incapacity against him or her by the applicable Committee in the three years preceding the date of nomination;
(5) who is not an employee of the Corporation and has not been an employee of the Corporation in the twelve months prior to the date of nomination;
(6) who is not in default in the payment of any fees;
(7) whose conduct is not the subject of a complaint referred to the Discipline Committee or the subject of disciplinary or incapacity proceedings before the applicable Committee; and,
(8) who holds a certificate of registration that is not subject to a term, condition or limitation arising from a professional misconduct, incompetence or incapacity matter and that has not been revoked or suspended in the six years before the date of nomination as a result of a professional misconduct, incompetence or incapacity proceeding;
is eligible to stand for election to the Council in accordance with this By-law.
Nominations, a brief biography (under110 words) outlining professional qualifications and record of community service, and a photograph must be received electronically by the Director at the RIBO office no later than 4:00 p.m., SEPTEMBER 6, 2022 (the first Tuesday in the month of September).
Each registered insurance broker will receive a link to the voting platform in mid-October which will contain the candidate nomination bio sheet and ballot. Bios will also be posted on our website.