For more information on online examinations, please visit Online Examinations
It is recommended that individuals planning to write an examination carefully review the “Standards” for their examination.
Applying for the Exam
How to Apply to Write the Examination
1. Send to RIBO the following:
- Appropriate Exam Application Form – fully completed and signed (If you do not have an application form, please fill out the “Information/Application Request” form and select the appropriate application to be mailed to you)
- Appropriate Examination Fee as indicated on the Examination Schedule and Centres Form – made payable to “RIBO” (postdated cheques and credit cards are not accepted). Please print your name on the back of the cheque or money order.
- Two (2) current passport sized photographs (black/white or colour) with your signature on the back of the photographs
- A recent (within the past 60 days) Criminal Record Check from your local police. Third party criminal checks will not be accepted. *Note: An ORIGINAL Criminal Record Check is required. Photocopies or electronic copies will not be accepted.*
2. For “TORONTO” Examination Centre
RIBO will send you written confirmation once all the above items (in step 1) have been received, regarding the place, date and the time of the examination. DO NOT CALL RIBO to reserve an Exam Date. Dates are assigned on a first come first serve basis and will not be reserved over the telephone.
3. For “OTHER THAN TORONTO” Examination Centres
RIBO will send an exam to the examination centre that you have selected. A letter will be sent advising you as to who you should contact at that centre in order to arrange an examination date. All exams must be written within 30 days of the date of the letter. RIBO does not set the date or time for these exams. Please send the application when you are prepared to write the examination.
What to Bring to the Examination
- Calculator – basic, non-programmable
- Pen/pencil – we recommend pencil
- Photo identification (ie. Driver’s Licence, Passport)
The examination is marked by examiners and individuals are advised of their results by mail as soon as possible. For confidentiality reasons, examination result information will not be released by telephone, fax, or email. Candidates are advised that all examination results which are within one and/or two marks of a pass are reviewed and/or remarked prior to the release of the examination results.
The examination fee is not refunded unless written notice has been received seven (7) days prior to the examination date. If the examination is not written on the date scheduled at RIBO or any other examination centre and RIBO has not been contacted for a refund or to reschedule prior to the seven (7) days, the exam fee is automatically forfeited. A full additional examination fee will be required prior to rescheduling a new examination date.