We previously communicated to you that RIBO is transitioning to a new registry management system (RMS), called IRIS. This change is being made to improve the user experience and functionality for both brokers and RIBO staff and is part of our on-going modernization strategy.
On September 30, 2023, at 5:00 pm EST our existing RMS, including the online member portal, was taken offline. Data migration to the new RMS is ongoing, which has delayed our release of login credentials to RIBO Members. We are nearing the end of the work on this migration and are confident that credentials will be provided well before the approaching holiday season.
Meanwhile, here are a few updates:
- The Broker and Brokerage search/verification function has been restored on the www.ribo.com main page. Database synchronization between our public website and the portal now happens twice each day.
- Individual Broker and Firm licenses went out the week of October 27th.
- Access to the new RMS will take place throughout the month of December. More information on this, including instructions on how to setup your new account will be sent by email.
During the transition period, expect longer than normal response times including all licensing services. We thank you for your patience during this time.
Below is a list of services that remain available and how to access them:
- New Registration Applications – Individuals can continue to apply online.
- New Firm Applications – Firms can now apply for a new business registration online.
- Reinstatement Applications – Individuals can continue to email email@example.com about eligibility requirements for reinstatements and required fees.
- Designated Individual and Employment Changes – this process remains unchanged and is available on the RIBO website.
- Staff lists and License restriction levels – TEMPORARY PROCESS CHANGE – should you need an up-to-date list of employees at your firm email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following the Transition Period
Additional information about the new system will be provided on an ongoing basis over the coming weeks.