The Travel Health Exam is no longer being offered. 

Since January 1, 1993, it’s been mandatory for an insurance broker selling Travel Health Insurance to be licensed by RIBO to do so. 

At that time, RIBO Council required individuals to obtain a minimum of 60% in the Travel Health section of the Entry Level 1 exam to meet this requirement. 

Going forward, there will be no minimum passing mark for this section. This will not change what products brokers are allowed to sell. All RIBO-licensed brokers can sell travel insurance. 

RIBO has worked to establish its own qualification standards to allow brokers to sell travel insurance in such circumstances and does not plan to remove these requirements from its competency standards. 

To learn more about these changes, please see our post about the new by-laws and licensing structure changes.